Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And I blushed when I read his description of my eyes.

Stella!


Thanks for the letter. There's really a lot to write ... but I think this has to be a short letter anyway ...
We saw each other at the trial ... if you are who I think you are ... dark hair, "Bambi-eyes," and punk rock clothes ...


So begun the letter that landed in our generic green mailbox a few days later, after I had returned from UmeƄ and the trial. I had been dark and agitated. Staying in my room, in my bed, wanting only to kill time and then trembling when thinking about the implications. I have a short life and I am terrified of it ending, but still I spend lots of my very limited time killing time, killing life.
I had hit my sister with a clog in the face drawing blood. My dad had given my time-out in the sauna. So I sat there eating graham crackers and crying very non-Hollywood tears.
And then this letter came. From my wrongly accused misunderstood rebel. And I blushed when I read his description of my eyes.
He had noticed me. It wasn't just my imagination. He had really seen me, for real.

5 comments:

  1. Being noticed can give you quite a rush. And something about letters, even if they aren't love letters, but if they just say something sweet it can mean the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bambi eyes and punk clothes seams like a great combination to me >:)

    Cold As Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Eva, being noticed by anyone you fancy is a heart thumping rush, but being noticed by a person of 'fame' or infamy in this case adds a nice twist to it

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your "fans" commenting above are seriously disturbed. Romanticizing about a man who callously murdered a 15-year old boy and his mother and father -- over a fucking bike? "My wrongly accused misunderstood rebel"...?! Seriously? I pity you only for the reason you were (are) so very young, and I hope you have come to your senses. Either that, or I hope you are only romanticizing (and being purposely provocative) as a 'writer', not really as you as a person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, having read more now of your various posts, I think I get it. (I hope so.) And, yes, you are a talented writer.

    ReplyDelete

Say it!