Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I was that crazy witch who was in love with a killer.

From here on days blurred together to form an unsightly gray and sticky porridge with far too few raisins to sweeten the mess.
I had the job at the kindergarten to go to every day. And coming back in the evenings I would have a fit of fury if no letter from Juha was awaiting me.
My friends thought I was crazy and I could feel them slipping away. They didn't want to hear me go on about the case.
I had also let myself be interviewed and photographed by two different papers; one national and one local. So everyone knew that I was that crazy witch who was in love with a killer.

Before going to bed I would inspect my face in the mirror in the windowless bathroom. It would seem to me that my pact with Satan had given some result. My face seemed a little less covered in pimples. There were for example tiny clear patches on my cheeks and no zits on my nose. Just never-ending streams of blackheads that endlessly needed to be drained. Something I not only didn't mind doing: I loved squeezing and watching the black top pop out followed by a tiny maggot of white pus. This was an indescribable pleasure that only made me feel a little dirty afterwards.

4 comments:

  1. "It would seem to me that my pact with Satan had given some result."

    I love that line, I've felt like that before. Your writing has a very unique voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I used to be (and still am, don't tell anyone) a bit of a blackhead nut.
    Anyway, I love some of the lines especially 'the crazy witch who was in love with a killer'.
    May I offer some constructive criticism? The editor in me wants to know how the local papers found out about you. Maybe a line or two linking the press with you in particular may make it smoother.
    I hope you don't turn around and say 'Dan you dick, I mentioned that two posts ago!!'
    Great stuff and am still checking this daily hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, as far as your question. Maybe I wasn't clear enough about it, but I mentioned a few posts earlier that the members of the press were very interested in the girls at the trial (the scandy manson girls haha). I think I may take yr comment to heart and expand on what actually happened. Because it's a good one. Stay posted.
    Best, S

    ReplyDelete

Say it!